Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

What book are you?




You're The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!

by C.S. Lewis

You were just looking for some decent clothes when everything changed
quite dramatically. For the better or for the worse, it is still hard to tell. Now it
seems like winter will never end and you feel cursed. Soon there will be an epic
struggle between two forces in your life and you are very concerned about a betrayal
that could turn the balance. If this makes it sound like you're re-enacting Christian
theological events, that may or may not be coincidence. When in doubt, put your trust
in zoo animals.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



AND IF I answer that I'm not concise:




You're The Grapes of Wrath!

by John Steinbeck

You're mired in a deep depression that encompasses you and everyone
you know. You're trying to get out of the depression, but your idea of help is, in
itself, pretty sad. While some are convinced that this all has a deeper meaning, you're
really just dull and tedious. And utterly obsessed with dust. You really need to focus
on something other than dust. Your best moments center around turtles.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



Gonna have to go with the first one. Thow I am giggling over the fact that I'm dull tedious and obsessed with dust :)

4 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Brom said…

    Ah, "The Grapes of Wrath" This Steinbeck tome inspired one of my all time favourite bands, Camel, to record a concept album called "Dust and Dreams" very melodic with lots of instrumental sections. I have never read it myself, I just have that fact stored up as it's bound to come up in a pub quiz one day. Thanks for reminding me about it, I'm going to give the CD an airing later!

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Lever said…

    The Lion, Witch & Wardrobe is being made into a film =)

    Grapes of Wrath probably *was* a film... I dunno, I'm dumb like that... *shrugs*

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    Brom-man: I've never read Grapes either. So i can't tell if this pertains to me.

    Lever: Hmmm, I think Grapes is a movie. Checks IMDB ..... 1940 movie and 91 on TV. Yes I'm sortof excited for the movie. Though I better not go read the book again or I will hate the movie. Actually the trailer looks much more violent than I remeber the book being, but perhaps as children we tune out the violence.

    Ellen: Sorry haven't read "Loosely based", but it is a catchy title. One could read alot into that.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    Actually I just read the last line again: "Your best moments center around turtles." That is so true! Mostly because the only time I get to see turtles is on vacation. My all time best moments are almost always on vacation. Anyone who was subjected to my Japan pictures, knows I love turtles. Central Park has a turtle pond, of which I took video, but alas I forgot to clean the cellphone camera lens and its to fuzzy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home