Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Friday, July 08, 2005

problem with scooters

So its hot. Not as hot as last week where it was high 90s. but still comfortably warm. This means I get to ride my yamaha black and purple scooter with my white CHiPs style hat. Oh so stylin. Anyway riding the scooter is fun. I don't have to get in a hot car and nearly pass out. Gosh do I miss garages or tree covered parking. though sometimes its an adventure to ride the scooter if there is a sudden down pour or a strong wind. The one problem is traffic lights. Me + scooter does not equal enough weight to trip the traffic light. Hence, I sometimes have to wait patiently and pray that another car will pull up, to trip the light. If its late at night and there are no cars, I have to sometimes live on the wild side, and proceed against the traffic signal. Don't worry Dad I check all ways before proceeding.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger BeckyBumbleFuck said…

    I'm somewhat jealous of the scooter. It has no place here on the East coast though. You'd be squashed like a small bug, by the Lexus SUVs...

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger ergo said…

    This traffic light problem is hilarious.

    I was going to suggest that you carry a bowling ball in your backpack but maybe it would be more fun to pick up a cute passenger. =)

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    apperntly my info is wrong. acdcording to my dad the lights are tripped by metal not weight. Either way my plastic cover scooter isn't getting the job done.

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Brom said…

    I thought the lights were triggered by wait?

    I still can't believe how much time you poor Americans waste each day at intersections patiently awaiting the green.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    Brom-Man: So on the other side of the pond you run the lights? Remind me to be careful if I ever drive there.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Brom said…

    N0, we don't run the lights... well most people don't!

    No we have things called roundabouts, so less lights to be held by!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home