Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Friday, July 15, 2005

Cheesy Dracula flicks and Drive Ins

One of the first movies I remember going to see is out on DVD. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see it. The very campy 1979 "Love at first bite". I remeber we saw it at the Drive In. Which was very cool because I would have been 7 and very ancy so I was able to move around and go play on the swings. Not having to stay in your seat and be quiet was a big plus back then. I absolutely love drive ins. But is it because it's a quality veiwing experience or a great childhood memory. Hmmm? I do like the huge screen. But alas usually I have forgotten to clean the windshield and so that makes the picture blurry and I usually end up seeing the movie twice. It is great for people with kids though. I'm very glad I live in a place that has a Drive In still. The last movie I saw at the drive in was Shrek 2 with BBFK and Noel. If I go see Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory I think I'll go the drive in. However from the trailer Jonny Depp is acting weird and not in the fun Gene Wilder way. One day when I'm independently wealthy after opening the animal refuge I'll work on restoring Drive Ins throughout the country. But perhaps I won't have to because it will already be done.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger BeckyBumbleFuck said…

    *sheepish grin*
    Yeah, I dig love at first bite, too. I tracked that sucker down about 5 years back....I think I have a copy of it now, but no promises....

    And cheers to drive-ins!! Now get a boy to make out with to bring along (this was a command)
    *big smile*

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Lever said…

    "At the Drive In"... great band...

    *ahem*

    I saw "Love at first Bite" on the plane to Egypt when I was a kid...

    Yeah, gotta do a drive-in movie one day, classic... Let us know which ones you restore, then you can come use your expertise to set up one in England :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home