Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

what's your vice? Mine is ...

Movies and TV. When I thought I had money, I would buy at least one movie a month or (Television show season). In an effort to get out of the financial hell hole I've dug, I wake up everyday saying I will not buy a movie this month (a month is the time in between each payday). I've made it 4 days, so far so good. Last night I implemented the lets go to the library and get movies for free plan. I got a documentary on Beavers, Electricity, and the movie Dummy. Yeah me! However I should mention I've already broke the no renting from Blockbuster this month rule. I broke down I just had to have the last disc of "Dead Like Me" Season 1: Disc 4. Bad Me :( However they have taken away my rewards, I use to get a free rental with every rental. Now I don't. This is enough, to discourage my patronage. Corse if it wasn't for Netflix I would still be renting a gazillion movies and I would still have the rewards, and wouldn't be peeved at them. I'm anxiously awaiting "love at first bite" (see previous post) and Dead Like Me season 2 to come whizzing to my mailbox. Darn apperently everyone else also wants to watch Dead Like Me season 2 (just checked Netlfix -long wait), repeat "must not go to Blockbuster".

I'm interested to here what my fellow bloggers vices are, S: I'm guessing is music, possibly books. B: I don't think you have any vices, you have a will of iron.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger ergo said…

    I have so many vices. but with my short attention span I hop from one to the next with alarming frequency so it's hard to track.

    In these low cashflow times I guess my biggest vices are blogging and eating out.
    And in my flush cashflow times it's: shoes, clothes, books, music, eating out, tv on dvd, and going to the movies.

    (you can borrow DVD's and tapes from the undergrad library for free too.)

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    Will being severly tested. Borders just gave me a %30 off coupon. Resolve weakening.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger ergo said…

    Stay strong! Pay electric bill!
    ; )

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger BeckyBumbleFuck said…

    LMAO:
    I have an iron will, aye? Thanks babe (I take it as a complement).
    But, if you tracked how much chocolate that I consume in a day, you may think otherwise ('course I've noticed that when Lever's around, my chocolate consumption goes down to practically none-at-all. *wink*)

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Lever said…

    Hmm, I didn't need chocolate until I flew back from CT/NY... then I emptied the fridge of it...

    Vices... Hmmm... Good Beer, good books, intelligent conversation, genuine people, chocolate, pizza, curry, football, good music, the internet, cameras, computer games, board games, cars, bikes, old games consoles, pinball machines, great places, the countryside, money for nothing (and kicks for free)...

    ...and this year's new vices are BBFK and shoes...

    I need lots of vices because I can't afford a crack habit !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home