Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Monday, August 29, 2005

A Michagan Wedding

This weekend I drove to Michigan for a wedding. It felt very strange making the somewhat long drive without my dog but the potty breaks were much faster. I arrived in enough time to throw some makeup and the dress on, one of the few that I actually got to on time. There was a brief struggle to fit into the panty hose I brought since I've gained a good 10-15 pounds since the last time I bought pantyhose. But at last I found a pair. I decided screw the corset cause I'd only be ripping it off after an hour anyway. So onward I went with only control top pantyhose and special undies to hold my tummy in. I was very happy to find out that I still fit into the dress that I bought for my 10 year reunion which was 5 years ago. The bride was beautiful, the groom was dashing, the vows were lovely. I cried happily while bemoaning my own single fate. The reception was fun and even though the drinks were free, no one got unbelievably drunk. I got to catch up with old aquaitences/friends, got my groove thing on, and had one wonderful swing dance. Got to chat with a lovely british bloke who refered to his parents and mum and dad. Gosh, you just got love that accent.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Lever said…

    That's the only thing about dressing up - for us blokes I find the collar and the tie totally choking, so they have to be removed.

    So which was the Brit accent; North, east, south, west?

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    Yeah almost all the young guys removed there ties and unbottened there collars. Oh I forgot the shoes came off as soon as the dancing began. They just do not make comfortable heels, if they do, I must not be able to afford them.

    Sorry I can't help with the accent. I can't even tell you what University they were at to help give you a clue. Interestingly the two british guys I thought were from different regions cause I thought they had slightly different accent, but I was told no they both grew up in nearby areas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home