Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Day at the Met

On Sat. (8-20) I finally arrived in Conneticut. I was sleepy due to some more dog walking, harry potter reading, and what is that dripping out of my car problem (air conditioning water) the night before. Sadie was ecstatic to finally be out of the car and to see B and Noel. Even though I was exhausted I figured I should and could soldier on so we went to the Met. It was way cool. I didn’t want to leave the Egyptian room, though I always feel bad looking at the mummies, I mean they were human beings once. They have a mostly complete shrine from Egypt. It was interesting to see the various grafitti from the 18-1900’s mixed in with hieroglyphics. In the pictures of the shrine while it was still in Egypt I noticed there was also paint grafitti but apparently that was removed before putting it on display. After that we went through the medieval room and then to the American Art room. I didn’t’ know we Americans had any art ;), but they have a whole gallery. A nice ecletic mix. After that we went up the roof garden. Which had a spectacular view of central park and Manhatten. Unfortunately it was just to hot to eat up there so we went to the cafeteria where I enjoyed a kids pasta meal and the worlds yummiest sunshine shortbread cookie. It definitely helps to have Noel around when ordering food (I can order a kids meal and pretend its for her). Even though I did actually share the contents of the kids meal with Noel, we did not finish it. After running around looking for the blue hippo (I was looking for a semi life size hippo, The biggest one they had, was about 7 inches) we left and took a short ramble into Central Park. They have this really cool kids playground next to the Met with like an Egyptian theme. Unfortunately it was closed and we did not get to go play. Have to remember that one next time I’m there.
However I did see my first (and only) NYC rat. Actually it was the first wild rat I have ever seen.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger Lever said…

    Kids meals're better than what we adults get sometimes aren't they? LOL

    Did you not get an pics of the Egyptian playground?

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    sorry, it was already too dark out.

    personally I think if all one is going to eat is the kid's portion you should be able to order it. If ever elected presedent this will be one of my primary agendas ;)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger BeckyBumbleFuck said…

    Yay!! I'm finally reading your report! It was cool adventure, aye?

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    yes it was. I had a blast. Thanks Girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home