Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Monday, July 04, 2005

one to remeber

fireworks

Imagine two thirtysomething girls huddled under blankets occasionally putting up umbrellas and then taking them down and then putting them up over and over again. Then pretty decent rain, and then oh joy. Loud bright explosions of fourth of July fun! Yes after an hour delay and somewhat high winds, asking of the crowd to move back, the city fireworks began. Actually I figure the rain saved the show, because it insured that most of the fireworks would be out by the time they hit the crowd. The picture was taken with my phone as I dashed it out from under the umbrella. There were a couple of new fireworks. I don't know how they did it, but one actually had the formation of a star. The other new way cool one resembled a bunch of angry swarming white insects as they zigzagged across the sky!

They actually had new music this year. Pretty good except for a horrible sythesized rendition of Gershwin. Also a song about the "unknown soldier" was quite sad. There was one song I particulary liked, but alas, S pointed out its used in the "Beef, its what for dinner commercials" so I had that phrase stuck in my head the rest of the night. At the end we were wiping a lot of soot off our faces and I only said ouch once when I got hit. Otherwise I was able to dodge the debris. The display, thanks to the wind, was right over our heads. So occasionally we had to crane our necks back to get the whole view. I think I had the more comfortable view because I was in a lawn chair and had a head rest.

While we were waiting before the show, a little girl kept pretending to give S popcorn, but would yank it away at the last minute. She was also very fascinated with my phone. I decided to put it away so her parents could stop chasing after her.

For S's post on the show see: Thingstodo

3 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger ergo said…

    I especially liked how people kept coming up to ask us whether the fireworks were cancelled, like we were in the know.

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    Well we were. We had that I know walk!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger BeckyBumbleFuck said…

    Man, I *sorta* wished I was there. I full-on wished I was there until I heard the debris issue. That could have been a bad-Mom moment with Noel..."Noel don't cry over the hot ashes on your face..."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home