Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Fun with Fridge Assembly

Today I assembled a fridge (refrigerator). There is something so rewarding and satisfying about putting appliances together or taking them out of the box and pluging them in and they work. I do not often get this feeling in science. They have parts and the parts all go together and they are new and shiny! I was a bit flumoxed for a bit because it appeared a piece was missing. But as I was taking the packing list and highlighting which parts we had received (this procedure was done after I had put the fridge together, however the directions say to do this first), it said there were six brakets. I remembered unpacking six brackets, but when I opened the door there were only four. So I looked back to where I had unpackaged the brackets and there sitting on top of a computer was the assembled brackets and bar. Ahh Success!
Now if I could just figure out how to remove the ice maker?!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger ergo said…

    yay girl power!
    (flumoxed? nice word)

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    Ergo: Yes, I have always particulary liked that word! Its unusual without being hoity toity.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Lever said…

    LOL - now why would you want to remove the ice maker? Is that to accomodate more beer perchance? :)

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    Hey Lever,
    That's a good idea. Most days I need it. But alas its a lab fridge and I don't like to mix my alcohol with chemicals.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home