Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

it's completely ridiculous

It's completely ridiculous that I care whether a barely 24 year old who makes 10 times as much as I do has a bad day/month/year at his job. If your wondering, 24 year old is a major league baseball player who almost was sent down to the minors. Good news is he isn't, so I no longer have to worry. Bad news, I'm pathetic, worrying about someone I don't even know, just because he's cute, who lets face it is kinda living on the easy side of the street. Oh why why am I not a guy and a professional sports person. I'd like to go out and just play games all day.

OK, you all can make fun of me now.

On the up side 4 resumes and counting.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger Lever said…

    10 times as much as you do? If that were the case I'd do 2 or 3 more years work and then retire. Maybe 5 more years just to be safe ;)

    Good luck with the job hunting :)

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger BeckyBumbleFuck said…

    Cheers, Babe! I look at soccer men and think the same thing. I wanna do that (their JOB, mind you *wink*)! Keep churning out those resumes...I'm hoping for some good news from you by the end of the year...

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    thanks guys. I need all the encouragement I can get.

    Lever: I don't make all that much so yeah he better work 5 more years. Actually since this is his rookie year his salary is only going to go up, that is unless he gets sent down to the minors.

    BBFK: Ah girl, you make me laugh. Does Lever play soccer?

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    but just think of the press conferences you would have to appear at and say things like, "i just wanted to go out there and do my best... it was a team effort...you know, the coach really held us together...yeah, it was a tough game and we were so close but sometimes that's what happens..."

    nah, it's better to be geekish and cool!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    narthax:
    Yeah the platitudes would probably drive me crazy.
    But I think the salary would be enough compensation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home