Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Monday, October 23, 2006

It's raining corn

WEll per Lever's last comment here's the silos.

silo

And due to the proximity of said silos, there are little corn corn kernal husk remnants constantly floating through the air and covering just about everything. I opened my car door today and a bunched wooshed into the interior. Ahh life in the cornbelt. The other day I actually thought it might be snowing, but nope just corn.

Sorry for the long absence of posts all three of you. I was waiting till I had good job news. No good job news, so I've been hiding from the world in my tiny but oh so comfortable apartment/cave.

Other exciting things. I just sliced open my thumb. I was standing there playing with a glass vial that one is supposed to break open with two hands. Note: I really shouldn't have been playing with it but if I had put it back in my pocket I was likely to forget about it again. Anyway I knew I was thinking of breaking it with one hand and realized this would probably be bad. However me telling myself not too, only lasted for about a minute. While moving two floors in the elevator I broke the vial with one hand and gouged my thumb. Oh well, least it didn't break in my pocket.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:15 AM, Blogger Lever said…

    I'd rather have corn in my car than a cut on my thumb... just thinking of it makes me wince...

    So the pad's cosy huh? I bet it'd be even more cosy if those were silos of beer! =)

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    I know exactly what you mean - much to my embarrassment, my family is a "corn" family. I have an impressive corn pedigree and acres and acres of corn that bear my last name.

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    lever: Hmmm, yes silos of beer. I would never leave my apartment.
    ;)

    jay: Hmmm, I just realized I can't name a single corn brand. How embarrasing. Wait does Pioneer count? Thanks for stopping by and posting!

     
  • At 3:02 AM, Blogger BeckyBumbleFuck said…

    oh dear. of course wishing you better is way past useful at this point... sorry to be delinquent. Hope you had a nice holiday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home