Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Saturday, May 28, 2005

train trip

Last weekend Dad and I went to Monticello to ride the train. Luckily I spent an extra 1/2 hour before going to bed and learned that for a mere $20 one could ride in the engine cab. So that's what we did, and it was worth it to see a 68 year old man with the look of a 5 year old child. He was beaming. I enjoyed sticking my head out the window and taking in the prarie. I did feel sorry for the Monticellan's who lived right by the track in town with the wheels screeching against the track and the train having to blow the whistle at every intersection.

train113
train104
train112

Today we went to Busey Woods. the Boardwalk was very nice. I love the sound of the wind whistling through the trees. Saw a pair of ducks. Bought another two toy birds with the bird call inside, Mallard Duck and Canadian Goose to add to my flock of red-winged black bird and cardinal.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger ergo said…

    I love the bird call birds.
    Everytime I see them I can't decide which one to buy, which is the only reason that my house is not bursting with them. =P

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    Oh good I'm not the only sick one out there. Well you're welcome to come over and play with mine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home