Is the Bunsen Burner Off ?!

The Daily Musing, Exploits, or just Mundane Details of My Life for friends and family's amusement. This blog could also be titled: "Am I There Yet" or " Prince Charming Got Lost in the Forest" Here's to Happily Ever After!

Saturday, May 21, 2005

To Mingle with Dandelions or Not

I had a thought today as we were passing the Tru Green Chem Lawn Building. There are two types of people in the world. Those who think dandelions are possible pretty or at least inocuous and those that will put every chemical known to man on there boring patch of lawn to prevent oh my gosh any interloper that possibly might be construed as something that is not grass. My Grandmother taught me to braid dandelions when I was a kid. I loved plucking them and blowing the seeds when I was a kid. I don't do this anymore but when I drive by a field full of yellow blooms, I smile. We also have some pretty violet flower weed here in IL that I also like.

Official definition from dictionary.com: Dandelion: A Eurasian plant (Taraxacum officinale) of the composite family having many-rayed yellow flower heads and deeply notched basal leaves. Widely naturalized as a weed in North America, it is used in salads and to make wine.

And also very pretty but probably not so nice on your lawn, that's what the prarie is for. Wild mustard.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger ergo said…

    Ah, this post makes me think of Opus and Bloom County!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger BeckyBumbleFuck said…

    I'm definitely a "dandelions are possibly pretty"-sort.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger searchingforMrDarcy said…

    OK since posting I've calmed down a bit. If people hate dandelions that is there bit, but I hope I never have neighbors that will object to mine.

    Wow I didn't think I'd ever rank up there with Opus and Bloom county.

    Glad BBFK is down with the dandelions.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home